“There are six things the Lord hates, seven* that are detestable to him:
1. haughty eyes, (proud, arrogant, conceited, snobbish, superior, self-important, pompous, supercilious, condescending)
2. a lying tongue,
3. hands that shed innocent blood,
4. a heart that devises wicked schemes,
5. feet that are quick to rush into evil,
6. a false witness who pours out lies; and…
7. a person who stirs up conflict in the community.” Prov 6:16-19
These behaviors are not just indicative of folk that “have material things”, but can also be from those who do not have this world’s goods! Oftentimes, we find satisfaction or become smug enough to think that we’re not guilty because we dont do any of these “big” sins that scripture condemns. (you know adultery, fornication, stealing, murder, etc...)
Hands swift to shed blood? Not me! A heart that devises wicked plans? No way! Feet swift in running to evil? Not a chance! But what about a proud look, a lying tongue and sowing discord? Do these really belong with those other “big” sins?
Somehow we can’t get away from the fact that we all sin, and trusting in God for forgiveness and cleansing from all unrighteousness, is our only hope. It’s His GRACE.
None of us, (saints, sinners, and/or preachers alike), are in a position to look down on other faulty people or even to withhold the good News of God’s forgiveness and His Love. Don’t be proud…your sins are yet these “little” sins; and in God’s eyesight, sin is sin! There are no sin-greater than the other one. Sin is sin! Same basket. We must all strive to be what God has purposed us to be. Whole, wholesome, forgiving, confessing our sins and receiving the cleansing and forgiveness promised!”