|CAN WE TRUST GOD?
|CAN WE BE TRUSTED?
|Reverend Nardra V. Daniels (archives)
Can We Trust God?
The reason we find it difficult to trust God is because we have leaned onto our own understanding. You have gotten so focused on micro-managing God and his Kingdom.
Can God Trust You?
God can only trust you to the degree that others trust you. God can trust you if I can!!! You can’t really love anyone until you trust them……
Can Others Trust You?
Others can trust you only to the degree that you VALUE your word, your willingness to resist the devil, and restrain your flesh and your resolve to make righteous choices. You can make righteous choices because you have his trustworthy nature.
Trust in the human arena usually means that trust must be earned through integrity, consistent character. Integrity means your right now commitment to do what is right when your back is against the wall. It also means will you tell the truth under pressure….called the balance of trust.
When others trust you, they make you the caretaker of their influence, which you must protect at all cost.
In relationship, people trust you enough to introduce you to their other friends, acquaintances. You become partakers of their influence. You have to value the relationship and not VIOLATE their trust and confidence in you. When someone publicly acknowledges their trust in you, they automatically confer credibility on you in the eyes of those who trust them. (i.e.) THEIR TRUSTING YOU GIVES YOU CREDIBILITY WITH EVERYBODY THAT TRUSTS THEM. They then give you the opportunity to be around people that trusts THEM! (part of their influence)
When individuals trust you…They immediately put at risk their own credibility because they have given you immediate influence in an arena that you HAVE NOT YET EARNED!
In life, we will always be put in situations where we have to trust somebody, but unlike trusting God-based his own merit. WE have to trust people based on their commitment to VALUE trust and not VIOLATE trust.
TRUSTING RELATIONSHIPS ARE DEVELOPED THROUGH:
- Personal Reference –auto shop people, co-workers, etc..
- Personal Preference-they like the things that you like, etc…
- Project Review-you have seen their work…that is why you have a relationship with them.
- Casual Relationships-Ex:-boss, job associates, at restaurants. There is still a level of trust.
RELATIONSHIPS WITHOUT COVENANT RELATIONSHIPS
“IN GOD WE TRUST…EVERYBODY ELSE WE CHECK OUT THOROUGHLY!”
- CARING RELATIONSHIPS-doctors, hospitals, etc…you expect them to do what they are supposed to.
- COMRADERY RELATIONSHIPS- those you met through a friend. You trust that your friend was telling the truth about them.
- COVENANT RELATIONSHIP-trust has to be VALUED because of the lifetime commitment. Must be VALUED and not VIOLATED. EX: Marriages. You trust that they will love, take care of, provide for and stay with you as they committed to.
The majority of problems and disruptions in relationships and visions stem from an abuse of trust. People will abuse your trusts.
EX: you expect me as a LEADER to live a life so that you will never have to be ashamed of following me, as well as the expectation is that I develop a righteous commitment to you as well as God. Leaders sometimes VIOLATE this trust and cause a tainted view and influence.
LEVEL OF TRUST IN LEADERSHIP
AS LEADERS, we also have a level of trust and expectation from YOU!
Can I trust you from now on after a trust have been violated? We expect you to :
- OBEY GOD
- Have his Faith which works by love
- Have a good/God self image rather than LOW SELF –ESTEEM.
- Uphold our trust in a living God who cannot and will not fail!
LEVEL OF TRUST WITHIN FAMILIES
We have an expectation within our families that we will not be exploited, they will not violate you and will not lie to you. So our definition of Trust is Truth. TRUST =TRUTH! No Matter what, “a lie is a lie, whether we speak a lie or live a lie!
An example of a COVENANT RELATIONSHIP: JONATHAN & DAVID. JONATHAN PROTECTED DAVID AND DAVID HONORED THE COVENANT RELATIONSHIP TO JONATHAN-EVEN IN DEATH! (Generational Covenant Relationship)
EX: PRODIGAL SON
- He trusted his fathers’ integrity
- Did not allow his disappointment of his bad decisions/choices keep him in the hog pen.
- He believed he could be restored
- He understood the value of restoration!
Many times when people have VIOLATED TRUST-they become the “victim” instead of realizing that they are the ones with the PROBLEM! (“i.e.) it’s everybody else’s fault!
People that violate trust, have had clear instructions as to what they were suppose to do. (work the plan, pay the bills to avoid the shutoffs, evictions, etc. they are NOT the victim as they try to portray, but they are THE CAUSE!
One of the greatest stories of trust, is with Abraham as he was told by God to take his only son up the mountain and kill him!!!! He had to (as well as each of us), remember the promises and remember that God had always come through time and time again, in the past….just as he promised, and will do so…for us! Value your own word as God does His…